Friday, September 11, 2009

Iron Girls

So KellyGo said she start blogging again if I matched her post for post. Considering the fact this would mean Kelly! in my RSS more! I'm all for it.

I love this picture with which she started our agreement.

Though I squirm a little at the thought of it. I had just finished taking this picture of Todd and Liam:



Saying as I clicked, "Big strong men!" Kelly chimed in with "big strong women!" after I finished and I realized I hadn't even thought to ask Thea to flex for me. I turned and saw my big strong women friends showing their muscles and fierceness.

I hope that in the future I'll always remember that little girls need just as much of a chance to show off ferocity as little boys do. Maybe more.

Just as much as I remember that little boys need the chance for fairy wings too.

2 comments:

  1. This is just about the cutest, sweetest thing I've ever read. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect first post for your blog.
    So sweet and sentimental (in a good way)
    and i love the way it wraps up and
    encapsulates that lovely day we spent
    together.

    ReplyDelete